[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Transport Sample Protocol - savann

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Transport Sample Protocol - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 13 Dec 2002 13:43:18 +0100

address@hidden said:

Hi,

> In the use of a Validation Bench, many parts of the running software and
> connected hardware should be monitored. This monitoring traces the evolution
> over the time of 100 up to 5000 parameters up to 128 Hz. This is the essence
> of ‘sampling’ bench variables subsequently called bench symbols or sample
> symbols.
> The different parts of the validation bench may then send a stream of data
> containing the different values of the queried symbols over time.
>
> The Transport Sample Protocol (TSP) goal is to provide a standard interface
> for data distribution between a provider (the bench) and several consumers,
> allowing both flexibility and performance aiming at the ease of sampling
> analysis.
>
> The TSP protocol, which is based on TCP/IP, allows a client to register to a
> TSP provider for synchronous (or asynchronous) sample delivery. It permits to
> select a subset of bench symbols at a selected update frequency.
>
> The protocol may be used by several TSP consumer (text, graphical, ...) which
> will use the obtained symbols for real-time or batch display or
> post-processing.
>
> Today, this protocol implementation, based on POSIX calls, has been
> implemented, and tested on Linux, Solaris and Osf1.

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing occurences of Linux as OS
to GNU/Linux?

You can get more information at
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

> We are now working on a vxWorks implementation of the TSP provider.

> It already exists, unfortunately our structure does not permits to grant an
> external access to our server.
> To get a distribution of our project, please send us a mail or a ftp site
> were we can put it.

1 <= 1 MB, you can send it to me by mail at address@hidden

Regards,

--