[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Java Activation Servi

From: brillant
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Java Activation Service on
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:41:42 -0500

Alexandre Brillant <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Java Activation Service on
System name: jason
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

JASon is the Java Activation Server. This is a container for running any Java
service. Its main purpose is to simplify the J2EE emergency. JAson comes with
an HTTP Server, A servlet Engine and an administration console. Thus, user can
decide of the life cycle of its service (start, stop, configure...) .

JASon uses XML for working. XML sets the state of each service. Its defines
all properties for working. So, JASon is completly open and people using
the Framwork has just to add a line in the XML configuration File.

Next step for JASon would be a full J2EE implementation. Our goal is to recrut
people able to make a part of this implementation through the JASon framework.

Actually JASon is a sourceForge program. We don\'t want to stay in this server
because of CVS problem and unknown solution for resolving it.

The 0.3 JASon version is available at : http://www.djefer.com/~aws