Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please disallow www-commits in robots.txt

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please disallow www-commits in robots.txt
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 20:34:33 +0200

Le 11/05/2023 à 19:43, Ineiev a écrit :
On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 10:17:52AM +0200, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:

Instead, we could use the www-fr cvs repo for things that should stay
unpublished. It is empty and is not linked anymore from the www-fr
project page.

It still shall be available for anonymous checkouts and at
<http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/www-fr/>.

Yes, but I've never seen a search engine return a link to a cvs repo,
whereas www-commits messages were on top of the list when I searched for
one of the old articles that are listed in third-party-ideas. (Maybe
this happened because the commits were very recent?)

If webmasters want something to be really unpublished, they should
only post it on a private list like www-discuss.