Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push t

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push to gnu.org/software/$PROJECT
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:48:13 -0600

Hi Daniel,

    I'm also wondering if anyone knows of or has access to the CVS
    hook/script that is on Savannah?

A gnu example is vcs1:/srv/cvs/web/emacs/CVSROOT/loginfo, which contains:

#<savane>
ALL echo 'Triggering webpages update...'; cat > /dev/null; curl
http://www.gnu.org/new-savannah-project/new.py -s -F type=gnu -F
project=`basename %r`
#</savane>

A nongnu example (type=non-gnu instead of gnu, otherwise the same):
$ cat /srv/cvs/web/zutils/CVSROOT
#<savane>
ALL echo 'Triggering webpages update...'; cat > /dev/null; curl
http://www.gnu.org/new-savannah-project/new.py -s -F type=non-gnu -F
project=`basename %r`
#</savane>

We wrote a few words about this in the sv wiki:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomepageUpload

We (sv people) have never seen the new.py script or had access to what
happens on the fsf side, but I guess you do.

    I plan to modify the scripts to work with both Git and CVS

Nice. Certainly a long-requested feature. Besides the changes on the fsf
side, it also requires some changes to Savannah to support git as an
option for web repositories. If you were planning to work on that too,
that's great. I don't know that any of the current sv volunteers have
any available time for it (I don't, sadly enough).

Hope this helps,
Karl