[Savannah-hackers-public] Anonymous HTTPS cloning of emacs git repositor

From: Yasuhiro KIMURA
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Anonymous HTTPS cloning of emacs git repository is failed
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 02:15:09 +0900 (JST)

Hello All,

I'm reporting here because I was recommended in emacs-devel ML.

For about half a day anonymous HTTPS cloning of emacs git repository
has been failing as following.

yasu@eastasia[3561]% git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs.git
Cloning into 'emacs'...
error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
yasu@eastasia[3561]%

Failure only happens with HTTPS and cloning
git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git completes successfully.

I also tried anonymous HTTPS cloning with repositories of some
projects hosted in savannah but all of them are successfully
cloned. So the error seems to be specific to emacs repository.

Would someone please handle this problem?

Best Regards.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA