Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] can I get a tar copy of the ccvs repo?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] can I get a tar copy of the ccvs repo?
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 20:55:26 -0600

Hello David,

David Cantrell wrote:
> I'm working on a side project where I am computing some stats of various
> version control systems and looking at performance from different points in
> historical releases.

Sounds interesting.

> I would like to include cvs in this comparison and it would really help me if
> I could get a tar copy of the ccvs project from the cvs server.  From here:
>
> http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/cvs/ccvs/
>
> Would that be possible?

As I read this it reads like you would like your own local copy of the
cvs source repository.  Rsync the files out of the cvs repository to
your own location.  Then extract what you want from there.

Get a listing:

    rsync rsync://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/sources/cvs/ccvs/

Copy the files:

    /var/tmp$ rsync -a --info=progress2
rsync://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/sources/cvs/ccvs .
         70,693,319 100%    2.16MB/s    0:00:31 (xfr#1578, to-chk=0/1688)

    $ du -sh ccvs
    72M     ccvs

If that isn't what you are asking then let us know.

Hope that helps!
Bob