Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new 'cvs' projects on 'vcs0' missing '/var

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new 'cvs' projects on 'vcs0' missing '/var/lock/cvs/' directory
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 20:02:24 -0700

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> > On Jan 13, 2017, at 21:19, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
> > When new 'cvs' projects are created (for cvs and webcvs),
> > the directory 'vcs0:/var/lock/cvs/{source,web}/PROJECTNAME' is not created.
>
> Another user reported this problem in
>  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109231
> After Pavel approved several new projects (Thanks Pavel!!).

The old system, and copied to the new, had a boot time script which
created those directories upon boot.  See vcs /etc/init.d/cvs_lockdirs
for the previous implementation and vcs0 /etc/rc.local for my update
of it when I copied it over.

At the time this worried me and I couldn't find a cron task on the old
system that created those lock directories.  I wrote something to the
mailing list at the time about it.  It still seems that there is
something missing from the situation.

> For now, I wrote a script to find new CVS repositories
> and create corresponding lock directories.
>
> The script is in
>   vcs0:/opt/savannah/scripts/create-missing-cvs-lock-directories.sh
>
> And I've added a cron entry for it in vcs0:/etc/cron.d/savane .

Cool!  Thanks for that.

However a small but important detail.

  # Copyright (C) 2017 Assaf Gordon <address@hidden>

That does not happen to be a free license!  The default of only that
text is "All rights reserved." making it non-free.  :-(

The license I have been using with Savannah utilities is a simple all
permissive one.  Therefore of course I suggest it for small simple
things like this.  Of course the choice is yours.

  # You may freely use, modify and/or distribute this file.

Bob