Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-users] Bazaar bzr moved to new s

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-users] Bazaar bzr moved to new server
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 16:21:53 -0700

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> Sorry about that - loggerhead was the victim of the kernel OOM killer.
>
> I've restarted it for now.
> Will try to investigate ways to reduce it's memory consumption soon.

Loggerhead using more and more memory continuously was a repeating
problem on the old system.  It doesn't surprise me that it is
continuing to be a problem.  (While you are looking at that can you
double check its use and consumption of temporary file disk space?
That was also a repeated problem on the old system.)

It prompted me to look at memory on the new system.  I think it has
plenty of ram.  I would not increase the ram any at this time.
However there is some other tuning that would help.  More later when I
have time to write more...  I am restricted on time at the moment...

Bob