Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cvs migration status

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] cvs migration status
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 13:54:07 -0700

Ineiev wrote:
> > I see; now they look like from address@hidden, they used
> > to be from the registered email (address@hidden in my case).
>
> On the other hand, address@hidden seems to redirect to
> the registered email; not sure what version we really want.

Thank you for reporting this.  It pointed me to the real problem.
Which I think I have fixed now.

Email from vcs/vcs0 by Unix default would come from the address@hidden
address but that isn't desirable and isn't how it was previously set
up.  To avoid creating email from address@hidden there is a
map created mapping every user address from their Savannah login name
to their registered email address.

That mapping was alive and active on vcs but had not been set up on
vcs0 yet.  My bad.  I knew about this but had missed setting this up
on the new vcs0.  I set it up on vcs0 now.  That should handle this
problem.  It was the reason the most recent email from vcs0 came with
the unexpected email address of the raw local system name different
from the mapped name previously used on vcs.  Fixed now.

Bob