Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Keeping web pages in something other than

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Keeping web pages in something other than CVS
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:37:44 -0400

Karl Berry wrote (on Wed, 24 Apr 2013 at 22:23 GMT):

> And symlinks -> .symlinks.

I forgot about that (or assumed people would still use .symlinks
rather than creating real ones).

> Another small point is that savannah projects have only the one
> hardwired slot for the "web pages repository".  So (as a practical
> matter) the VCS-X web repo would have to be a separate branch, or
> whatever, in the "source code repository" for vcs-x.  I imagine anyone
> who wants to go to the trouble of doing this wouldn't have a problem
> with that.

I was thinking it would just be a separate branch in their source code
repository, which any project should be able to set up for themselves
with no need for Savannah admin intervention. Maybe they'd just want
to hide the CVS web pages repo on their Savannah project page then.