Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosted projects that seem to be abandoned

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosted projects that seem to be abandoned
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:52:44 GMT

Hi Felipe,

    abandoned and empty (no project description, no source code, no
    tasks, no bugs, etc.).

If you want to take it on, it seems to me it would be fine to try to
contact the authors and if they can confirm that it is abandoned and
empty, it could be disabled.

Also if they don't answer or can't be found, I guess.  I am just
thinking of changing the project status to deleted on the same page
where you enable new projects -- presumably that it is easy to put back
to active in the unlikely event that they come back.

However, it looks like there are still a few "pending projects"
(submissions) -- that's certainly more important, FWIW.  (But great
progress has been made there, thanks to everyone.)

karl