Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mirror redirection

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mirror redirection
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:42:38 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 01:17:41PM +0100, Brian Gough wrote:
> The new mirror redirection on download.savannah.gnu.org is now live.
>
> Directories are served locally, requests for files are redirected.
> There's a small footer on each directory listing:
>
>   Downloads will redirect to your nearest mirror site.
>   Files on mirrors may be subject to a replication delay of up to 24 hours.
>   In case of problems use http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/

Thanks!

I updated the mirmon configuration to point to the new mirror URL.

I noticed that redirection still happens when you don't add the
trailing '/' - not sure if we should consider this a bug or a feature.

This is worth a news item - are you OK with being cited on the
Savannah frontpage? :)

--
Sylvain