[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Projects that mistakenly chose the Savanna

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Projects that mistakenly chose the Savannah "GNU" project type
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 20:46:00 -0400

Hello Sylvain, Hugo, and all,

I've finally revamped the http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html page
to be a more complete description of how to submit software to GNU,
along with other information.

I also updated http://www.gnu.org/help/help.html in various related ways.

I'm sure the page will evolve over time, but meanwhile, if it looks
sufficient to you, I think it would be ok for savannah to now point
people to this page during the submission process, and remove the
checkbox, so that new authors have to take just a little more
initiative.

As for the faq entry,
https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?admin=&group_id=5802&question=Project_-_What_does_it_mean_to_become_a_GNU_package.txt
it appears to be just a little out of date, as it does not mention
www.gnu.org.  The current text is now at
http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html#whatmeans; I'm not sure if you'd
rather extract the text and put it into your faq, or redirect there, or
what.  The text is pretty stable, but doubtless it will change again one day.

BTW, an older version of that text was previously on
http://www.gnu.org/evaluation/evaluation.html; I've now cvs removed that
file.  I could not find any links to it except on the pages I modified.

Let me know if questions or problems, of course.

Thanks,
Karl