ruqueue-user

Re: [Ruqueue-user] ldap problem

From: John Fulton
Subject: Re: [Ruqueue-user] ldap problem
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:13:16 -0400

Davide,

Please see Chapter 9 (pg 58) of the ruQueue Documentation:

 http://ruqueue.rutgers.edu/documentation/ruQueue.pdf

so that you have a better idea of what it means to configure ruQueue to use LDAP. In the case that you asked about below you would store authentication information for the Rutgers LDAP server. More information about that is here:

 http://mssg-lamp.rutgers.edu/ldap/#apache

Basically the Rutgers LDAP server Admin would give you authentication information and you would place it in that file.

However, I don't think you want to use Rutgers' LDAP server, you probably want to use your own. In which case you would need to implement your own LDAP lookup and authentication pieces in PHP (feel free to use ru-ldap.php as a template) and then you can store your authentication information accordingly. Talk to your LDAP admin to get an idea of what you can query against.

  John

Davide Pluda wrote:
Hello.

I'm novice.
I installed ruQueue and i would like configure it to use LDAP.
In /var/www/ruQueue/functions/ru_ldap_auth.php at

auth_file' => Full path to the name of the file containing the
  //                   LDAP authentication login and password information

which file do i must insert?

Thanks