jami

[Ring] Fwd: Can't connect to SIP/Ostel

From: AHIB
Subject: [Ring] Fwd: Can't connect to SIP/Ostel
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:42:41 +0200

There was a problem with my email so had a response been sent the message
would've been lost. My apologies and it's fixed now.

I performed more testing with Ring and can confirm the SIP doesn't work, at
least when the hostname is "ostel.co". The Ring account is online however,
which means the problem isn't with the connection. When registering I
immediately get an error saying:
Can't register account. You can continue with the account creation process or
edit your information here. Edition is still possible later in the account
settings.

I also found on the mailing list's November archive that others had the same
issue, and Mr Roguez's answer was that the problem is with Ostel. I can confirm
that ostel.co works on Jitsi (PC) and cSIP (Android) and Linphone (iOS). So
there's nothing wrong with Ostel. Also when changing the advanced TLS settings
and trying again I get the "connection error" absolutely immediately. It seems
Ring doesn't even attempt to connect.