jami

Re: [Ring] What happened to sflphone?

From: Guillaume Roguez
Subject: Re: [Ring] What happened to sflphone?
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:35:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi David,

----- Le 7 Déc 16, à 15:58, David Burleigh address@hidden a écrit :

> Well, I can't figure out where Ring is going. I used to depend on
> sflphone for its ability to connect to our PBX via IAX, but now that
> appears to have been abandoned. If Ring actually were a marriage of
> sflphone's capabilities as a softphone with a peer-to-peer encrypted
> text/audio/video mechanism it would be a wonderful replacement for
> Skype, but it doesn't seem to be going that way. Am I mistaken?

SFLPhone and Ring are not two distinct projects.
Many new functionality have been added to SFLPhone, like the distributed
node networking (new account), the name-service, multi-device support,
and so many others, that was a good reason to re-brand SFLPhone into Ring.

So Ring is an (r)evolution of SFLPhone :-)
And Ring continue to support all features of SFLPhone!

We just recognize that we were so busy to add new functionality
maybe some old ones are broken, but consider that like a bug!

We know that more and more people use Ring as free alternative to Skype,
and we're proud of such recognition.

> --
> David Burleigh
> 828-475-5126

Thanks for your question.

--
Guillaume Roguez | Senior Free Software Consultant
Ring Project Development Director - https://ring.cx