reproduce-devel

[task #15755] Citing CPU architecture in a macro in the project

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15755] Citing CPU architecture in a macro in the project
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 07:53:37 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #15755 (project reproduce):

        Percent Complete:                     80% => 100%

Follow-up Comment #2:

Thanks a lot Mohammadreza, it has been merged into Maneage as Commit
c6a4aaad62a9 <http://git.maneage.org/project.git/commit/?id=c6a4aaad62a9>
:-).

This was an important piece of information and I am happy that Maneage users
now have it as a LaTeX macro to use in their paper anywhere they want.

I just made some small corrections:

* The 'clear' statement in '--check-config' is removed because in many cases,
people want to compare with previous seconds (or just scroll up to see when a
software was built).

* I noticed that instead of searching for meta-characters, the commit was only
limiting the build directory to have these characters: 0-9, a-z, A-Z, with '/'
and '-'! This is very limited: for example people may have their directory
names in different languages, or they commonly use characters like '_'.
Generally, its good to specifically match with known problematic characters,
not limit the user to very few of them ;-). So I corrected the check to only
break if known problematic characters are present. We can easily add new
problematic characters if anyone confronts a problem later ;-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15755>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/