reproduce-devel

[task #15261] gfortran should be checked alongside gcc as the basic requ

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15261] gfortran should be checked alongside gcc as the basic required softwares
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 23:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #15261 (project reproduce):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 100%
             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #2:

Thanks for checking this old task Boud, it has indeed been implemented but we
had forgot to close it here.

Now, when Maneage installs GCC, it also installs gfortran with it (along with
C++, Objective-C and Objective-C++), we have found these tools necessary to
build some of the high-level software. You can see it in the rule to build gcc
<http://git.maneage.org/project.git/tree/reproduce/software/make/basic.mk#n1259>
in `reproduce/software/make/basic.mk' (option `--enable-languages').

When we can't build GCC (for example on macOS), we check for gfortran
<http://git.maneage.org/project.git/tree/reproduce/software/shell/configure.sh#n467>
before even asking for the build directory during configuration.

So indeed, this task has been completed and I am closing it now.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15261>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/