repo-criteria-discuss

Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?

From: Pau Amma
Subject: Re: You rate savannah.gnu.org at A? AYFKM?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:13:08 +0000

On 2022-03-04 06:40, Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
Hello Pau,

My name is Pau Amma, not what you wrote. See https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/ items 5, 19, and 20.

Pau Amma wrote:
Richard Stallman wrote:
> But they didn't think of it as a movement aiming for a moral goal.
> That's what I started.

That's what you you call what you claim you started. But:
- Whether you started anything, as opposed to forking an existing
movement then pretending it didn't exist before you is, looking at it
charitably, dubious.

Did anyone document such a moral goal before Richard and GNU did?
If so, who and where?

I don't believe that's relevant to this discussion in any way.
1- Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.
2- Perhaps more importantly, I think calling that goal "moral" is disingenuous absent evidence that it is by accepted standards. See the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy links I provided elsethread.

--
#StandWithUkrainians
English: he/him/his (singular they/them/their/theirs OK)