repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Gitlab C2

From: Greg Farough
Subject: Re: Gitlab C2
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 11:18:00 -0400

On Sun, Oct 31 2021, bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 19:42:49 +1100 Svetlana wrote:
>> I guess the issue can also be checked with an open proxy or repeated
>> cycling of tor nodes,
>
> right - not impossible, but non-trivial to confirm (aka: a PITA)
> - i have seen two such complaints recently; so i am inclined to
> believe it - i suppose it depends on how much evidence convinces
> whoever makes the final decisions
>
> @rms @greg - how much evidence would be enough to verify C2? - is
> one person's complaint enough? - two people? - should someone
> demonstrate that the "tor roulette" game can confirm it?

I think two people is enough to confirm it. As Tor nodes or VPN
addresses might be blocked for other reasons, though, it would be
helpful to see if someone on a normal Iranian residential address has
the same problem. But I don't think that's strictly necessary.

So maybe one more result confirming this?

-g

--
Greg Farough // Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation