repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Hello?

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: Hello?
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 19:41:25 +1000

> I presume you mean https://about.gitlab.com/ linked on the login page in
> the footer? While it does mention commercial offerings quite
> prominently, when you ask for the "FREE" option, self-hosted is just as
> prominent as SaaS in my opinion.

When considering running a GitLab for my friends, I'd've removed that link from
footer entirely to avoid the users learning of these services (or of their
misleading usage of the word 'free'). I would suggest somehow including this in
the criteria.

I unfortunately wouldn't be able to contribute to the discussion more
productively, as I'm not an evaluator.