repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] What's needed to publish the evaluations (ak

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] What's needed to publish the evaluations (aka the longest email ever {aka two specific tasks})}
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:52:08 -0400

I did also want to say to Aaron, thank you for your attention to detail
in helping check the evaluation. That's really important to this process.

Regarding the draft:

Looks great. I think that removing the C5 evaluation was the right thing
to do, especially since the change to choosalicense.com doesn't seem (at
least to me personally, I haven't verified this with Richard) to make it
in the spirit of C5. No license by default, I think, counts as violating
C5, even if C5's wording isn't 100% clear on this. * FOOTNOTE

/// Three little things

Make the style of the two lists of LibreJS issues use the same style
(right now they look like they are formatted a little differently).

Change the intro paragraph to be

of repository services with the <a href="repo-criteria.html">GNU
ethical repository criteria</a>. There are some criteria that we
can’t possibly verify, in which case we accept the site maintainer’s
word on the matter. This evaluation is done
by <a href="repo-criteria.html#volunteers">volunteers</a> coordinated by
the <a href="https://www.fsf.org";>Free Software Foundation</a>,
and you are welcome to contribute.</p>

/// Publishing

I'm going to share this draft of the evals with the FSF and Richard now
and tell them that, barring a couple little style and frontmatter
tweaks, this is the final draft for them to review if they want to.

I'm expecting they'll approve it quickly and then I can give you the go
ahead to put it on GNU on Thursday or Friday, "soft-launched" until the
press release goes the next workday.

Mike (or anyone) do you remember if we discussed the publication URL of
this page? I'm thinking it will be
www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria/evaluations.

FOOTNOTE * In fact, if someone wants to get in touch with Richard and
find a way to clarify how to evaluate C5 against situations with no
license by default, that would be a helpful project.

--
Zak Rogoff // Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation