Re: Survey: compatibility vs speed of rdiff-backup development

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: Re: Survey: compatibility vs speed of rdiff-backup development
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 12:08:31 +1100

Just on the repository format migration option just consider that if
automated, then when packaging it for RedHat, and probably other
distributions, it should be non-interactive, and preferably easy to
tell if it is required or not (for example if they did a reinstall).

Also, as you have found, no one reads the release notes, so very few
will read that they need to run anything for a migration, and so we
will almost certainly need it to be done automatically, either by
rdiff-backup, or just when upgrading the package.

Regards
Frank