global option and action sub-option

From: tbsky
Subject: global option and action sub-option
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 17:34:11 +0800

Hi:
I want to rewrite my old rdiff-backup script to use new syntax. however I found the parameter order is very important. so command like "rdiff-backup remove increments --force --older-than 7B my-backup" won't work since "--force" is a global option.

my script collects parameters from config files and append them as a long string. it's hard to distinguish global option or action sub-option. is it possible to relax the syntax so global option can be used as action sub-option?

   thanks a lot for help.

Regards,
tbsky