Re: cross-platform backup tool Is anybody actively testing the beta vers

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: Re: cross-platform backup tool Is anybody actively testing the beta version?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 16:52:18 +1100

On Sun, 2022-11-06 at 06:37 +0100, EricZolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > There is only one minor issue I still have outstanding, which
> > relates
> > to permissions in the repo, and I haven't really sorted out what
> > the
> > difference is yet.  However, I wouldn't wait for this, as it is a
> > minor item.
> Are we talking about
> https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/765 or do you
> have
> something more?

It is the comment I made towards the end that mentioned about a file
not being backed up in a read-only directory.

I'm yet to find time to follow up if it is a real issue, or rather an
issue due to previous backup versions, failures, repairs, etc.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, previously (rdiff-backup 1.x) the
permissions of all the files in the repo seemed to match the source,
although I don't think it had to.  I know the actual permissions are
stored separately.

Is that the case in the current version, or are they just approximately
correct, i.e. things like read-only directories get write permission
added?

> KR, Eric

Regards
Frank