cross-platform backup tool Help in setting up backup

From: Emanuele Giusti
Subject: cross-platform backup tool Help in setting up backup
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:28:53 +0000

Good morning,

I am trying to set up the backup with rdiff-backup, but without success. I'm on Windows 10 and I use PowerShell 7.

I want to backup the folder "C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti" to the folder "D:\rdiff-backup_Alexia\Emanuele Giusti", but I want to exclude the folders

"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\AppData" (this is an hidden folder)
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Collegamenti"
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Contatti"
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Intel"
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Oggetti 3D"
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Partite salvate"
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Preferiti"
"C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Ricerche"

I have consulted the online manual of rdiff-backup several times, but I was not able to solve the problem. In fact, rdiff-backup keeps backing up even the folders I want to exclude. I created a file called list.txt containing the list of folders I want to exclude and used the command

rdiff-backup -v 5 --print-statistics --exclude-filelist "C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti\Desktop\list.txt" "C:\Users\Emanuele Giusti" "D:\rdiff-backup_Alexia\Emanuele Giusti"

but rdiff-backup continues to back up the folders I want to exclude.

Can you help me please?

Best regards,

Emanuele Giusti