Re: Trying to install beta in CentOS 8 -- missing py3libacl, python3-pyx

From: Robert Nichols
Subject: Re: Trying to install beta in CentOS 8 -- missing py3libacl, python3-pyxattr
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 16:03:57 -0600

On 1/11/20 3:00 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
I am far, far away from getting this to install. "pip3 install pyxattr" fails
with:
    acl.c:23:10: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory

All attempts to install rdiff-backup fail with:
    No matching distribution found for rdiff-backup-1.4.0{whatever I
try}-linux_x86.64

If I include the .whl suffix I just get "looks like a filename, but file does not
exist".

I am way out of my territory here. I'm afraid I have to ask for the exact
keystrokes to
type, without any "VERSION" placeholders or "ignore slight differences in
versioning"
comments. My distro is CentOS 8, 64 bit.  Python version is 3.6.8.

I'd rather not wait for the official release in order to find the hard-link
problems
that I am 99% sure I will find.

OK, I got past installing the -devel packages needed to build pylibacl and
pyxattr.
I am still no closer to intalling the rdiff-backup beta itself.

                Do NOT delete it.