Re: Trying to install beta in CentOS 8 -- missing py3libacl, python3-pyx

From: Marcin Zajączkowski
Subject: Re: Trying to install beta in CentOS 8 -- missing py3libacl, python3-pyxattr
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 00:00:51 +0100

CCing Dan which introduced python3-pyxattr in EPEL some time ago.

On 2020-01-05 22:12, Robert Nichols wrote:
> Installing version 1.4.0b0-1-el8 from the frankcrawford COPR fails with
> missing dependencies py3libacl and python3-pyxattr. I'd really like to
> do some testing before 2.0 is released. What should I install? Python
> version on CentOS 8 is 3.6.8.

The problem could be that python3-pyxattr seems to be available (as a
released package) only in EPEL77:
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python3-pyxattr

> Release       Latest Released Version         Version in Testing
...> Fedora EPEL 8      None            None
> Fedora EPEL 7         0.6.1-1.el7     None

Maybe Dan could say more what is a status of python3-pyxattr in CentOS 8?

Regarding py3libacl it could be more tricky as I (as the maintainer of
pylibacl and pyxaatr in Fedora) don't use CentOS/RHEL on a daily basis
and I wouldn't like to take the responsibility for py3libacl in EPEL.

However, I might me completely wrong with the CentOS/Stream/EPEL stuff
and maybe both those packages can be already installed from some other
more or less official repository. Hopefully Dan can say something more
about that.

Marcin