Re: On which platforms are you using rdiff-backup? - Straw Poll

From: ewl+rdiffbackup
Subject: Re: On which platforms are you using rdiff-backup? - Straw Poll
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 21:16:20 +0100

Hi,

short update on the results of the poll:

- we had 44 votes (some 10% of the 379 participants of this list)
Linux   | 37 votes | 84%
Windows |  5 votes | 11%
Mac     |  2 votes |  5%
FreeBSD |  2 votes | (off-survey)

We'll focus hence on Linux and Windows. For an official support of other platforms, we need volunteers to take ownership, but we can't really test and compile or troubleshoot issues (even if we'll do our best to not break compatibility, and will be supportive in case of bug on those platforms).

And I promise to put more platform options for the next survey :-)

Thanks for taking part,
Eric