Missing info from rdiff man page

From: Aaron Miller
Subject: Missing info from rdiff man page
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:28:05 -0800

Hello,

I found the man page for rdiff to be confusing. In particular, it
isn't clear how to make a diff or how to apply that diff. It
mentions signature files and basis files without explaining what
they are. It would have helped me immensely if I saw this in the
man page:

To make a delta file between original.bin and updated.bin:

    rdiff signature original.bin original.bin.sig
    rdiff delta original.bin.sig updated.bin updated.bin.delta
    #rm updated.bin

To restore updated.bin using original.bin and updated.bin.delta
(this assumes the file updated.bin is now absent):

    rdiff patch original.bin updated.bin.delta updated.bin

I saw this with rdiff (librsync 2.0.2). Please let me know if this
has already been fixed, or if I reported this in the wrong place.

Thanks!

Aaron Miller