Re: Problems with backup after using rdiff-backup-delete.py

From: Andrew Foster
Subject: Re: Problems with backup after using rdiff-backup-delete.py
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 11:01:24 +1100

Hi

EricZolf wrote:
> whatever Joe said (I didn't check in details but sounds reasonable),
> plus it must be clear that the scripts under misc are potentially
> dangerous, rather untested, and definitely not regularly tested, hence
> at this point not endorsed by the development team.

Yes, I can confirm that script was written by one of our staff as a
once-off in response to a single request and is not production ready. In
my opinion, moving forward, it should either not be in the repository or
at least have disclaimers all over it so when you run it you have to
specify a --i-really-acknowledge-this-script-might-eat-the-wrong-data
option.

- Andrew
(null)