Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and

From: Tobias Leupold
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and project maintainership in general
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 09:41:55 +0200

Hi,

I've been an rdiff-backup user for years now (I'm not so fit with Python, so I
think this project is a bit above my skills when it comes to development ...),
and I also use it in a productive enviroment. I really like it. It's exactly
what I need. And I would really appreciate it not to be abandoned.

It's very nice that apparently, some guys out there want to bring it back to
life. Some years ago, Gentoo marked rdiff-backup for removal, but gladly, at
least some development was done by some folks so that they finally kept it.

Please do it! Please arrange on what fork and which commits to use, merge it
into some reasonable code base and start over. What Eric wrote sounded
reasonable tome. Additionally I I think a full-time Debian developer who wants
to adopt rdiff-backup can't be the worst case, can it?! ;-)

Thanks for putting effort in this nice project and make it going on!

Cheers, Tobias