Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Found too many current_mirror incs!"

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Found too many current_mirror incs!"
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 10:34:38 +0100

On 4 May 2017 at 09:44, Ron Leach <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks, I've done that and I think there must be, after all that, a
> somewhat more-serious problem.  The regress started then aborted saying
>
> Error 1 occurred when attempting to regress archive...
> ls: cannot access /srv/Data/101vmail/rdiff-backu
> p-data/mirror_metadata.2017-04-30T19:45:01+01:00.snapshot.gz: No such
> file or directory
> Ended Thu May  4 08:15:45 BST 2017
> ​...​
>
> Dominic, thank you very much for the insights and the script,

​Sorry you haven't been successful. For future reference I think it is good
practice where possible to verify a repository and take a backup of it
before any operation that might change it​. Full verifications of every
past backup session before each new session are impractical for most of us
however. I use my timedicer-bloat, timedicer-verify and timedicer-mirror
scripts for these verification and backup operations.