Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup performance -- slow operation on i

From: Derek Atkins
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup performance -- slow operation on initial backup?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 09:37:25 -0400

Just a quick update:  I tried making these changes on both sides and it
really didn't make a difference.  Full backup of 202852072 Kbytes
required 2267m25.913s (previously it took 2346m57.800s, so it only sped
up a factor of 3%.

Only thing I have not yet tried is running a raw rsync to see how fast
that runs.  I'll do that next.

So, back to my orignal question: anyone have any idea how to get initial
transfers to run faster (or indeed any significant data transfers)?

Thanks,

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       address@hidden             www.ihtfp.com