Re: [rdiff-backup-users] initial rdiff-backup for large repository over

From: Alvin Starr
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] initial rdiff-backup for large repository over Internet (and connection lost)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:43:14 -0500

This is actually an excellent idea.
I do some support work for a backup company and they regularly do something like this. They have a courier deliver a USB drive to the customer and an "initial backup" copy is put on the drive and this drive is sent back to the company where someone plugs it in and copies the data.

Rdiff onto a USB drive would be a good way to back the system up and 14G of data would fit nicely onto a USB flash drive.