Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with start end time in backup.log

From: Adrian Klaver
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with start end time in backup.log
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 16:35:44 -0800

On 02/05/2015 03:33 PM, Stephen Butler wrote:
So how is the backup being done:

Between machines on the same LAN - Yes - All machines have static ip

What are the time zones set to on the machines -
Windows computers are using UTC+10 for Brisbane
I've set the linux server to EST-10

I have just noticed that the linux server is about 1:10 behind the
workstations, perhaps thats the issue ? I thought the begin and start times
would all be based on the server....

Seems this is not unknown, but looks like unfixed:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/2008-10/msg00139.html

What is the command string used?
I run shadow copy before the backup to catch open pst files, thus the B:\
rdiff-backup --force -v1 --print-statistics B:/Users/%username%
address@hidden::/mnt/hda1/rdiffbackup.repositorys/address@hidden

I will look into ensuring that the workstations and server are sync with
an online time server.

Thanks for any input,
Regards Remus.

--