[rdiff-backup-users] backup keeps failing

From: Stephen Butler
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] backup keeps failing
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 04:54:26 +0000

Hi all,

I have 3 windows 7 computers scheduled to perform an rdiff-backup over ssh to a microcore linux server each day at 6pm.

Backups are triggered on all 3 computers at 6pm by windows task scheduler each day.

I'm using volume shadowing to create a snapshot of my files, which is needed for open outlook pst files.
Here's an example.
rdiff-backup --force -v3 --print-statistics B:/Users/%username% address@hidden::/mnt/hda1/rdiffbackup.repositorys/address@hidden

Win 7 PC (A) backup is under 1 gb and works each day. Takes about a minute.
Win 7 PC (B) backup is under 2 gb and works each day. Takes about two minutes.
Win 7 PC (C) backup is 45 gb and takes more than 12 hours to complete. I ran the backup last night at 6pm and it was still running this morning at 11am. I cancelled the backup, and ended up with a corrupted backup.

Is this to do with SSH slowing down the process ?

I hope to find a solution to this problem, as another system I'd like to use rdiff-backup on has over 250gb of data to check.

Thanks,
Remus.