Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Encrypted backups

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Encrypted backups
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 07:58:34 +1000 (EST)

From: "Stavros Korokithakis" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Sunday, 8 September, 2013 3:04:24 AM
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Encrypted backups

Hello,
I would like a solution that will take incremental, remote backups.
Basically, what I want is exactly rdiff-backup + EncFS, but, for various
reasons, EncFS cannot be hacked to support rdiff-backup.

Therefore, I would like to add encryption support to rdiff-backup
myself. This would encrypt each file/directory separately (including
filenames). An ideal place to put this would be a hook at the place
where rdiff-backup reads/writes local files (as remote files still need
to be rsynced encrypted).

Hi Stavros,
Have you taken a look at duplicity?
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/
It has the same original author as rdiff-backup but is since maintained by others I think.

Dave