Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and rotated external drives

From: John Wesorick
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and rotated external drives
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:56:16 -0400

There is no way for rdiff-backup to know what changed if you swap the drives, so it would be missing out on a week of changes. A cheap way around this (and what I do) is I have rdiff-backup backup to an external drive, and then I clone that external drive to another one using rsync, and the second external drive becomes the off-site backup.

John Wesorick
IT Systems Engineer | Riders Discount
866.931.6644 x852 | www.RidersDiscount.com
image.png image.png