Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff Backup Web Interface

From: Edward Ned Harvey (rdiff-backup)
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Rdiff Backup Web Interface
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:14:05 +0000

> From: rdiff-backup-users-bounces+rdiff-
> address@hidden [mailto:rdiff-backup-users-
> address@hidden On Behalf Of Joschka
> Tillmanns
>
> I wrote a web interface for rdiff-backup in google's new language
> golang. I considure the current pushed state as the first useable.

Thanks, that sounds really cool!   :-)

Unfortunately these days, rdiff-backup isn't getting a lot of attention ... I
stepped in as maintainer, to correct some broken links on the website, and make
the mailing list more easily accessible...  But I haven't contributed any code,
so the code has been unmaintained for about a couple of years.  This means,
unfortunately, it's not very likely that I or anyone else here will have time
to comment on your code ...

Do you do python?  It's a super awesome language...   ;-)   Any chance you'd be
interested in reviewing the rdiff-backup source, and addressing any outstanding
bugs which are probably low hanging fruit?   ;-)

No matter what, thanks for the web GUI.  That's awesome.  And what do you think
of golang?