Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote syst

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:16:25 +0100

The best source for info about rdiff-backup is presently this mailing list! The online documentation is quite old, although we now have a new maintainer in Ned so things are looking up.

Yes, you should be able to run rdiff-backup locally on the server with --check-destination-dir to regress the archive (repository) to a previous stable condition. If this doesn't work I have a script at http://www.timedicer.co.uk/programs/help/rdiff-backup-regress.sh.php which forces it to happen, but I doubt you will need this (it is mostly for situations where you want to regress an undamaged archive).

Dominic http://www.timedicer.co.uk