[rdiff-backup-users] Offsite mirror of backup

From: Paul Novotny
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Offsite mirror of backup
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:27:01 -0400

I run rdiff-backup on my desktop to my fileserver. I would like to move
a full-backup offsite every month or so. Instead of doing this directly
from my desktop, it would be nice to do this from the fileserver that
contains the rdiff-backup files, but I don't want the increments to be
part of this. I could just ignore the rdiff-backup-data directory, but I
think some of those files contain useful stuff like file ownership and
permissions. This is useful information if my filesever went down and
all I had was the offsite backup. So what should files do I need to
include in this offsite mirror for rdiff-backup to do a full restore?
And what files pertain to the increments and I can ignore. Or is it not
that simple?

-Paul