Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Curly braces in file names

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Curly braces in file names
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 12:50:56 +0100

I'm sorry Kevin I don't take OS X (or any Apple sauce) so I'm out of suggestions...

Dominic

On 17/05/2013 20:09, KP wrote:
Dominic,

I added --exclude-regexp '[{}]+' after checking Spotlight to see if any vital files would be affected (not at the moment, but future files named with {} may be).  That worked, for the narrow test case of /Applications/Adobe.

Then I modified the backup script with that exclude, to target the root again, and upped -v to 9.  It skipped the {} file fine, but then a new problem: it hits a symlink and terminates (on /Applications/Adobe Bridge CS6/Adobe Bridge CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeACE.framework/AdobeACE ).

After reading other rdiff-backup-users threads on symlinks, I double-checked the timestamps of the symlink and its target file- identical, so it's not the future timestamp problem mentioned elsewhere.

Is there a cure for this symlink problem?

Kevin

--
TimeDicer: Free File Recovery from Whenever