Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Is rdiff-backup outdated?

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Is rdiff-backup outdated?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:59:38 -0400

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Ans Alghamdi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just find it a bit odd that this powerful tool does not have any bug fix
> (if there are any) since 2009!
>
> So is it outdated, or its so powerful that there is no need for any update?
>
> I've already posted this quastion on serverfault at:
>
> http://serverfault.com/questions/507259/is-rdiff-backup-outdated?
>

> (P.S. The reason behind this is that I'm looking for a backup tool.
> rdiff-backup really suits my needs but the lack of bug fixes/active
> development is what is keeping me away)

You have good timing.  rdiff-backup has been without a maintainer for
a while.  That changed a couple days ago.

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/2013-05/msg00008.html

fyi: I've been using it since 10 years or so ago.  It's a great tool
and I haven't really noticed a couple year gap without a maintainer.

The first task Edward (the new maintainer) seems to be chasing is
cleaning up the website.

Greg