Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OSError #5 on encfs reverse encrypted directori

From: Ben Tebulin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OSError #5 on encfs reverse encrypted directories- & filenames
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:27:59 +0100

Hello Ronny,

thanks for your reply!

unfortunately this is not a viable solution due to two requirements
- The uplink is a limited-bandwith ADSL line vs. multiple TB of data
  Hence I depend on the rsync server operating on the target rather
  than in the client, as it would be in the sshfs approach.

  Ergo: rsync server and fs must be on the target

- I want a backup scheme (preferably based on diffs) compared to the
  current rsync scheme already in place (and working well).
  Thats

  Ergo: rdiff-backup vs. plain rsync.

Anybody else any hints on my issue? I'm pretty sure the problem is due to non-alphanumeric characters in these filenames which are handled well by rsync but not by rdiff-backup.

Btw. is rdfiff-backup actively maintained? I guess my issue needs a bugfix.

Thanks
- Ben