Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OSError #5 on encfs reverse encrypted directori

From: Ronny Standtke
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OSError #5 on encfs reverse encrypted directories- & filenames
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:17:22 +0100

Ben

I'm trying to use securely backup my data into "untrusted storage":
- rdiff-backup allows me to use a "push" approach.
- A reverse mounted encfs offers a r/o, encrypted view on my data.
Any hints?

If you have access via ssh to the remote untrusted storage you can use normal encfs over sshfs. This is what I usually do and what I also integrated into JBackpack, see http://www.nongnu.org/jbackpack/

Cheers

Ronny
--
erreichbar von Mo-Fr, Büro B.105