[rdiff-backup-users] Always stopping on a single file

From: Dan Nugent
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Always stopping on a single file
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 19:51:24 -0600

Hello again!  Thanks for all your support.  I noticed something in my backup that is puzzling to me.

We back up all of our Quickbooks files (hosted on a FreeNAS server; workstations are a mix of XP and Windows 7)

There is one specific QuickBooks file that rdiff-backup always stops on (seemingly forever)

The structure is as follows:

FreeNAS is Samba and NFS server
All Windows clients have read/write to the samba share
The NFS share (shares same directory) exports only as read only to a specific server, the backup server

The backup server (Ubuntu server, rdiff 1.2) backs up from the NFS share to an internal hard drive.

All workstations have been shut down and the file server has been completely restarted.  rdiff-backpu still hangs on this file (I am running as -v5, nothing is reported, it only says "Processing QB/QBFile.qbw"

--
\\Dan Nugent
(217)273-2078