[rdiff-backup-users] how to push rdiff-backup

From: Willem Buitendyk
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] how to push rdiff-backup
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 19:07:32 -0800

I'm a little perplexed.  My scenario is that I have data loggers in the field, each with a 3g usb modem on board.  I want to have the data loggers rdiff back to my server on amazon ec2 - or to push the backup.  My data loggers have dynamic ip addresses and the telco company keeps them hidden.  In other words I can't have my backup amazon ec2 server poll my data logger.  Again, the need to push the backup.  I'm not really finding any information on how to accomplish this.

I tried something like:

rdiff-backup --remote-schema 'ssh -i /home/ubuntu/id_rsa.pem %s rdiff-backup –-server’ /home/ubuntu/data/ fielddata@22.22.222.222::/home/fielddata/data/

This won't work as it complains about incorrect switches.

Thanks

Willem