Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Prevent rdiff-backup from deleting?

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Prevent rdiff-backup from deleting?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:41:09 +0000

I think (but haven't tried) you could alter the rdiff-backup option text like this (this is under Ubuntu 10.04, the location might differ with another OS):

sed -i 's/remove-older-than/remove-older-thax/g' /usr/share/pyshared/rdiff_backup/*.py

So unless an infiltrator knew the new command name (remove-older-thax in the example above), they couldn't use it.

Dominic