[rdiff-backup-users] Fwd: Re: Problems with missmatching hashes

From: Christian Kölpin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Fwd: Re: Problems with missmatching hashes
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:55:40 +0200

Hi Maarten

thanks for your quick help.

You point me in the correct direction. Non of "usual suspects" was the "point
of failure". Cause anything should have (negative) effects to my BackupSource
as well. (even the SATA-Link cause i use HatSwap-Bays...).

But this hint points me to hdparm and smartctl. My server is monitored by Munin
every 5 Minutes. Only files who are that large, to need more than 5 Minutes got
hit frequently... After turning off this monitoring i create a "valid" backup
with 1.4T Data (needs nearly 12 hours with checks... so my ram should be fine
;))

I guess my "consumer" HardDrives got problems if i put them to throughput-limit
and query them frequently about their status

greetings
Raptor 2101